Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Student voted out of his KINDERGARDEN classroom

My good friend Cindy sent me the following link:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-flpkindergartner0525pnmay25,0,5392670.story


I wanted to share this story because I know it's going to keep me up at night. I want to go down to Florida, find this child and let him know that he is worth something and that his teacher was WRONG for what she did. I think we should organize some kind of card-shower to give this kid back his self respect and self-love.



My response:
That "teacher" has no business being around children. What a disgrace to our education system. People with Asperger's are often acutely sensitive to criticism. This makes me sick. How could anybody justify humiliating a young child like that? That's not punishment, that's cruel and abusive. It would be torture for any kid to endure that! She should be stripped of her license, and the entire class should receive in-depth counselling. The behavior she encouraged was completely unacceptable. Bullying a kindergardener like that should be a crime! What kids (and adults as well) need to realize is that it doesn't matter whether or not you like somebody, that person still deserves respect for being a human being. If there isn't at least one thing you can find to like about a person, then you need to examine your own values and find the problem within yourself, that's what I believe! Children need to learn to tolerate differences, not mock them by voting a class member out of the class. Ugh! It's not SURVIVOR people, it's preparation for first grade! I hope to God, Allah, Yoda, or whoever is listening "up there" that that woman does not have children of her own. I don't know if I'm making much sense because I am on anger overload right now!

No comments: