Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of ought-nine

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. ~Ellen Goodman

In the spirit of the above quote, and because I missed TTT yesterday, I am going to list 10 things I'm happy to have experienced this past year.

1. Attended a fabulous class reunion and reconnected with some wonderful folks
2. Did some writing publicly, and grew from the feedback received
3. Moved into our dream house
4. Hosted a sleepover with a dozen little 2nd through 4th graders
5. Overcame my fear of driving to Chicago
6. Watched my daughter mature enough to fall in love with church
7. Volunteered my brains out
8. Gave to charity
9. Helped friends in need
10. Visited my brother-in-law's family in Florida for the first time
* Bonus - accepted and learned more about Asperger's and Cassandra's to more fully understand and appreciate one of my most important people.

I challenge you to put away your failures and instead of thinking how you could do better next year, find at least 10 things for which you can back yourself on the backk for accomplishing this year. Celebrate your accomplishements and enter the new year with your head held high!

2 comments:

marianne.handler@gmail.com said...

What a great idea!! I will have to walk through the rooms of my life very soon and think about that. Then I will post my list (and credit your idea) at drgranma.blogspot.com

Thanks for the idea!!!

marianne.handler@gmail.com said...

One more thing, Lainie, that class reunion... sounds like it might have been in Chicago. If so, was it held on October 10th by any chance????