Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

TTT Random stuff that's going on

*My 20 year high school reunion is this weekend.
*I'm old
*I've found some valued long lost friend through facebook recently
*I've been better at getting daily exercise
*Hubby is overworked and I worry about him
*My BFF is becoming a "working mom" later this week. I wish her the best
*Part of me really wants to go to that reunion, but another part is glad I don't have a sitter for that night
*Aniety disorders suck
*I have been indulging in the sin of pride a lot lately. I am so proud of my daughter some days that I think I'll burst. Good thing I don't believe in all that "sin" hooey or it would really worry me! My kid is BRILLIANT!
*Politics is getting me down.

*People say "liberal" like it's a bad thing. Here's the Miriam-Webster definition:a: "one who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways." Yes, then, I am a liberal. I appreciate different points of view and like to think "outside the box." I value open-mindedness in my friends and enjoy hearing the opinions of others, as long as they are not excluding the rights of others. So the opposite of a liberal, in my mind, would be a close-minded person who wants to do things the way they've always been done for no other reason than that it has always been done that way. I think I worked with that guy before! How are we going to be competitive in the world marketplace without a liberal attitude toward society, politics, science, education, et cetera? How would we ever grow without open minds?

I'm spent

No comments: