Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

In preparation for my busy and gift-filled day tomorrow (yeah,right) I am posting my well-wishes for you a few hours early. If you are a mom, or ever had a mom, have a blessed, happy day today. Focus not on what your mother wasn't, or your own shortcomings as a mom, but what a great person Mom was outside of being a mother. What were her hopes and dreams for the future when she was a child? How about when she was the age that you are now? What are you hopes and dreams for your own children?

My first Mother's Day as a mom, I wrote a letter to my unborn child. I may just dig it out and read it tomorrow. I'm not ready yet for her to see it. Perhaps when she is pregnant (30 years from now right??) and expecting her own bundle.

I am in the mother's day mood because of a podcast I listened to tonight from Julia Sweeney. It was her Earth Day special on NPR which I missed and had been meaning to listen to since that day. Whether or not you believe in a "Mother Earth" or that our planet is the firmanent created by the one and only true God of the universe, please take time to listen to her show. I found it quite interesting and am looking forward to future installments of Home Sweet Earth on National Public Radio.

No comments: