Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Looking forward

This afternoon I was talking to one of my young friends (as opposed to Mandy) and she was sharing with me her newest library find. She had borrowed Poor Richard's Almanac by Benjamin Franklin. During some down time, she offered to let me read through it. Instead of reading from cover to cover, I flipped through and read random passages. Then I picked out my favorite of the several I looked at.

"Let thy Discontents be Secrets."

My translation: NO WHINING!

This is a policy that I need to adopt and practice myself. My BFFRose even accused me of whining today and it stuck with me. I need to pay more attention to how I whine. Maybe it will even have a positive effect on my daughter!

On that note, I don't have a lot to say today, but I do like to always have something to look forward to.

- Yeah, that's right, it's a preposition, right smack at the end of the sentence! -

I am looking forward to . .. .

* seeing BFFRose's parents after many years
* possible road trip south to visit friends and family this summer
* spring break
* Connie's new school in the fall (hopefully)
* Spending time with hubby this weekend

What are you looking forward to????

3 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Wasn't Ben Franklin GREAT?!

I'm looking forward to:

* spring and the end of this damned winter (we're expecting another 1-3 inches of snow today)

* my trip south to meet Bo and Saint Seester and to do a live Dark and Stormy podcast all in the same room together!

* This weekend. I have a do-nothing day scheduled for Saturday and MAN, do I need it!

Wonder Woman said...

I'm looking forward to,

Getting my house done, starts again this weekend, I haev boxes of flooring that came in early from Lowes in my dineing room.

Celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary! And hopefully getting away with just dh, if my baby sitter does not cancel.

Everything coming together and me finally starting my job.

Cari Dunn said...

Great quote!

I'm looking forward to:
Spring!!

The scrapping stuff order I just placed today :)

Going to the store by myself.

I'd ask if that were pathetic but that would be whining ;)