This afternoon I was talking to one of my young friends (as opposed to Mandy) and she was sharing with me her newest library find. She had borrowed Poor Richard's Almanac by Benjamin Franklin. During some down time, she offered to let me read through it. Instead of reading from cover to cover, I flipped through and read random passages. Then I picked out my favorite of the several I looked at.
"Let thy Discontents be Secrets."
My translation: NO WHINING!
This is a policy that I need to adopt and practice myself. My BFFRose even accused me of whining today and it stuck with me. I need to pay more attention to how I whine. Maybe it will even have a positive effect on my daughter!
On that note, I don't have a lot to say today, but I do like to always have something to look forward to.
- Yeah, that's right, it's a preposition, right smack at the end of the sentence! -
I am looking forward to . .. .
* seeing BFFRose's parents after many years
* possible road trip south to visit friends and family this summer
* spring break
* Connie's new school in the fall (hopefully)
* Spending time with hubby this weekend
What are you looking forward to????