Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Looking forward

Feeling better today and looking forward to upcoming adventures.

Today is Cookie delivery day for dd's Brownie troop, so anybody that has ordered will get their cookies within the next few weeks. I get to help with the pickup today. Should be a bustling good time. I was able to help with the paperwork end of it yesterday, which is my forte. We'll see how I do with the cookie chaos later today!

Just a few more days until we leave for Disney World. My sister and I were always bribed and punished with promises of Disney World when we were little, and as soon as I was able to make it happen, I invited her along on our trip. It will be myself, my sister, my daughter, and my mother. I am most anxious about us all getting along together in the same hotel room, but also most concerned that Connie is able to enjoy her time since she is the true Princeses at 6 years old.

I left my comfort zone yesterday and sent an email to a person who had really upset me with his behavior. I got the sweetest e-mail in return. I didn't expect any response at all so I was pleasantly suprised. I hope we will be getting along better in the future. This is a man with a good heart, but he and his family have been through so much that his mind is not always where it should be. On some levels, he has been a hero to me and to know him on a human level is difficult because he is far from iconic in real life. It's an interesting lesson on putting somebody on a pedestal. Still, he has done Good (capitalized purposefully and not to be confused with "well") in the life he was dealt and his ongoing struggles are real. He drives me crazy at times, but I can't help but care about what happens to him. His son is one of my favorite students at dd's school, although not in the same grade.

Spring will be here before you know it, and my BFF is going to help me to learn to garden. With her support, anything is possible! I cannot wait!

I feel happy again today and hope to sleep well tonight. I exercised yesterday and I think that has a lot to do with it. I'm leaving for the YMCA again in a few minutes.

Thank you all for checking in on me when I was down. Sorry to worry you.

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, but I think what you had rubbed off on me. Meh...

Auntie Mandy said...

I'm so excited about our gardens!!

I meant to tell you this morning, you are NOT allowed to go work out!