Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Best cat in the whole wide world

My favorite cat ever, Seltzer, is having a crisis this morning. He has been a part of our family for 15 years. His sister died earlier this year. Each morning Seltzer wakes me up by pawing at my door, at least 30 minutes before his regular feeding time. He must have be programmed, because I woke up at that time this morning, without his usual urgings. Seltzer is old, fat, cuddly, always hungry, diabetic, and lovable. He whispers when he meows, and he used to fetch like a dog and jump up to look out of the peephole in our old apartment door.

This morning when I got up, he followed me around begging, as usual. When I looked closely, though, I noticed blood on his paw and in his mouth. He was moving his mouth around as if he was trying to spit something out. I woke John and he looked, noticing mucous in the blood. He worried that our kitty may have been coughing up blood. At 6:49 this morning, he stuffed poor oversized Seltzer into an undersized (for him) carrier and took him to the kitty ER. Waiting is hard.

2 comments:

Beth is wfg said...

AWw, Lanie! I hope Seltzer is ok. He is definitely one of the best cats in the whole world! (Sorry, can't say bestest cuz you know Terpie...she'd have "words" with me if she knew I'd called another cat THE best.)

*hugs* to you...keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for Seltzer. Good luck.