Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Yes, this actually happened to me.

It almost even cheered me up about my whole family moving away from me (but I still feel sorry for myself a little).

We had planned to meet my mother and sister at a half-way point between our homes and have our holiday dinner there today. I called ahead and found a place, they assured me they would be open and we decided to meet there at 11 a.m. to beat the rush. We got there a few minutes early and after we were all seated the waitress let us know that the menu wouldn't be in use today - they had options of several meals including prime rib, turkey, leg of lamb, ham, and maybe something else. Also, that John - the restaurant owner, from 11am to 2pm - would be picking up the tab in the spirit of the holidays!

No bill. No kidding. What? That's what I said. NO FREAKIN CHARGE. Five people at our table, big meals. Delicious. FREE.

I hope the waitress enjoys her $62 tip because hubby and I emptied our pockets for her (we had planned on using the debit card). Plus, my mom gave her $2 because she's deaf and had no clue what was going on, as usual. My always grateful sister, of course, gave nothing and complained that there was no pie offered to us.

Oh, and the food was AWESOME. Even if we would've paid for it, it would have been well worth it. I'm still in shock. I mean - really??? The place was packed.

3 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Wow! Happy Thanksgiving!

I'd be talking that restaurant up to everyone who'd listen. That owner's got some kind of heart....

damnsle said...

Good lord, what restaurant was this? I'm so going there for Xmas dinner.

Sarah said...

Where the hell is this place, and why haven't I heard this story before? Answers are in demand here lady!! I want free food, too.