Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Moving day (yesterday)

Well, mom moved out and it was a pretty difficult day emotionally.

I was doing okay until it was time to go and mom awkwardly motioned for hugs. This is the second time in my life that it seemed like she wanted a hug from me. She is not physically demonstrative. I considered ignoring it only for a split second. I do have a heart, afterall. But, the heart breaker was when mini-me would not let her go and just started SOBBING. At the same time, the Other Daughter (mom's) brought me my purse from the other room and I'm all like "don't touch my stuff THIEF" in my head, but couldn't speak due to the drama unfolding at the door.

No matter if you're 10 or 38, it still hurts when your mom blatantly chooses another sibling over you. Even if you should be quite used to it by now.

*sigh*

4 comments:

Auntie Mandy said...

It hurts, but just remember, a SANE person would never choose your sister over you.

Cari Dunn said...

I'm sorry {{{hugs]]]

It doesn't sound like she's choosing her over you, it sounds like she things your sis needs more mothering than you.

Mrs. Chili said...

There really is no end to the hurt that a mother can cause a daughter, is there? I'm ever mindful of this when I deal with my own kids.

Take a DEEP breath and settle into your environment, free of that energy!

Simple Blog Writer said...

I have three sisters for my mom to prefer. Actually, all of my siblings think my mom likes the others better.

I got teary reading that your daughter hugged her grandma and cried at the good-bye.