10 Things that have been on my mind
1. I feel like a quitter and I don't like that. It was impulsive to quit the PAD challenge, but it would be impulsive to start it up again. Dude, I'm unstable sometimes. What did I expect, thousands of fans fawning over my work? I've been down on myself over this. I should get over it.
2. My daughter's been officially accepted into the private school she was hoping for. It will be a short summer vacation this year as they start school August 20. I think she's really going to love it!
3. It's hard to feel safe in the world these days on many levels. I don't know what else to say on that subject without saying too much. Life can be overwhelming. Today is the anniversary of the Virginia Tech shooting.
4. Book Fair this week at school. As much of a library geek as I am, I love the book fair. I'm trying to help find ways that each of the kids at our school will be able to get a book or two. Overe 40% of our students are on free or reduced lunch, so it isn't the best of financial situations in our district. Kids should have books!
5. The weather has FINALLY cleared up and felt like spring here in NW Ohio. I hope it sticks this time. I'm dying to work on my first ever vegetable garden. I hope I can stay motivated to take care of it as it will need. Lots of times I start projects and then I lose my motivation because of something stupid (see PAD posts). It's too easy for me to giveup. Then I get mad at myself and the self-destructive downward spiral starts. I want to stop that!
6. I have been in more of a reading mood than a writing mood lately. I like the book I'm reading currently (see sidebar). It is different. Each chapter is written from the point of view of a different character. I like getting in their heads and seeing how they react to things. It's an interesting study on perspective and the story is a strange love triangle.
7. Priscilla Presley was voted off of Dancing With the Stars last night. How strange to be famous for marrying somebody. What exactly happened with her plastic surgery that made her become a mannequin? Talk about a lesson about vanity. Disturbing. That poor girl.
8. Another fight on the school bus yesterday had the bus arriving over 30 mminutes late. Is it spring fever or what? Kids even finally had recess yesterday, you'd think the fresh air and exercise would work out some of whatever stress they're feeling. I won't miss public school busses.
9. Drama: I've got good friends going through some real drama with their families lately. My own dramas are boring in comparison. I'm trying to be a good friend to them. Focusing on their issues helps me to ignore some of mine. Denial denial denial. It will catch up with me some day.
10. The Pope in America. Why should non-Catholics care? He is supposedly, the most listened-to man in the world. Apparently immigration is a Catholic issue , today is his birthday, and Catholocism continues to grow despite the scandals. Why is it growing? What draws people in? Is it the structure and rules? Maybe it's the forgiveness aspect. I don't get it.