Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2007

I have Time to write!

I'm so excited! I have time to actually write on my blog with some semblance of privacy. All the things that have been racing through my head clamoring to get out are gone. It's quiet up there. Do I hear crickets? I have a few things I'd like to write about but nothing really blogworthy.

The mundane details of my life. John and I went to see Spamalot last weekend. I had gifted him the tickets for one reason or another. It was hilarious! Not only did they have some of the best scenes from the Holy Grail, but they spoofed nearly every other Broadway musical ever produced. The best part for me was that they did not let one cheap lame joke go untold. They were not too proud to stoop to the depths of corniness and that is just the key to make my day happy! This weekend, I'll take Connie to the Nutcracker Ballet and it will pale in comparison, I am sure. I would rather spend money on events any more than on a material gift. Next up, I'm getting tickets to the Lion King. I can't miss that one!

My mean ol' doctor wouldn't give me a new scrip until I went to see her, so I had to do that yesterday and then today went to get labs on my blood. What a thrill. The only one I am worried about is glucose. She also wants me to get a sleep study done. I have so many issues with sleeping that I don't know how I will manage it. Anxiety over drive. I know it's for the best though. Also, I was still 3 lbs lighter than last time she weighed me. Lucky for me she didn't know how well I was doing in the Spring. I have to get back into the routine again - even if it is without my workout buddy.

Parents Club meeting at the school tonight (speaking of anxiety) plus I get to drive my daughter and her friend to the burbs for Karate even though it isn't my turn. I just love how the SAHM never gets to stay at HOME. I'm sure some hothead will make the meeting run over and I will miss Survivor again! Oh well, it's for the kids, for the kids, for the kids. I have to keep remembering why I do it. I love the students and most of the teachers and staff at our school - I just hate meetings, attention, speeches, and missing Survivor!

Enough rambling for now!
'Tis but a flesh wound!

Melanie

No comments: